Saturday, January 28, 2017

National Seed Swap Day

This year I am eager to get going in the garden, but the last frost date is still months away and today is National Seed Swap Day!
I went to my first seed swap. I took several seeds saved from the garden.

Here's a list of what I brought.
Vegetables:
Pole Beans
Wax Pole Beans
Scarlet Runner Beans
Long Island Cheese Pumpkins
Cayenne Peppers

Herbs:
Basil- Italian Long Leaf
Hyssop
Calendula

Other:
Siberian Pea Shrub
Broom Corn

Here is what I got!

Vegetables:
 Marketmore 76 Cucumbers
Giant Prague Celeriac
Purple Bush Beans
Rattlesnake Pole Beans
Honey boat Squash
Simpson Lettuce
Little Gem Romaine

Herbs:
Chives
Feverfew

Flowers:
Butterfly Plant
Cosmos
Lychnis (Rose Campion)
Marigolds
Nasturtium
Sunflower
Violas
Zinnia

Lots of fun! I got to talk to other gardeners and share stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment